Decon, Intel, Eurolash

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 6 10:12:30 UTC 2003

DECON--Decontamination.  This is not in OED, which has "decon" as a "form of
DEACON."  Secretary Powell's chilling speech yesterday before the United
Nations showed a "decon" truck.  OT:  We've got to go to war, and soon!

INTEL--Intelligence.  Also not in the OED.  Ralph Peters uses "intel" often
in his "BULL'S-EYE!" editorial in today's NEW YORK POST.  I, at first,
thought that he meant that he worked for the Intel Corporation.  He has a
background in military intelligence.

EUROLASH--European backlash.  It's mentioned in today's ESPN INSIDER, that
some American NBA players don't like all the attention the European players
are getting.  This word might break out from basketball into general use.