Change of Heart (1649)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Feb 11 02:18:19 UTC 2003

At 6:03 PM -0500 2/10/03, Beverly Flanigan wrote:
>Thank you, Larry!  (But off-list, I forwarded your comment to all my friends.)

Thanks, Beverly.  It was nice to get offline support from you and a
couple of others.
As soon as I posted, I was afraid I was being off the wall, since it
was late and I was so fed up reading all the depressing stuff in the
paper.  I didn't even mention the part about how the federal
education program is now focused on making sure the religious groups
know they're entitled to new funds or the part about how the U.S.
managed to convict a guy in California who will now be sentenced to
prison for 3-5 years for growing marijuana for the state program to
alleviate the suffering of cancer patients, and how the jurors were
outraged when they learned why he'd been growing it--the federal
judge had barred any mention of that during the trial, so he was
treated as a "major drug seller".  What a world.  Anyway, Barry's
little note was the final straw, and I'm afraid I broke down under
its weight.

larry