Curds & Honey

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 22 07:57:52 UTC 2003

   Greetings from the Peacock Beach Hotel in the south of Sri Lanka.

CURDS & HONEY--Two things that go well together.  Their "bacon and eggs."  Used in the phrase, "like curds and honey."

UP COUNTRY TEA--The term used at my last stop.

JAMES TAYLOR TEA--A proprietary name?  Something to drink when YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND?

LAND-MASTER--The name here for the vehicle that I saw all over Tibet.

ELAM--"Separate state."  I don't know if it's English, or if this is the spelling.  Something the Tamils want, but the government doesn't.