(Fwd) Fw: Re: The Starbuck-ization of Mayberry

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Jan 6 18:30:17 UTC 2003

>  >
>>  I knew espresso was advancing downscale when I noticed that a tire
>>  store had an espresso machine for their customers.
>>
>  > In Minneapolis, SuperAmerica sells coffee and espresso.

Is that so terrible?  Vending machines in Europe (at least in Germany
last time I was there) dispense espresso--one mark for a cup that was
definitely drinkable, and much better than any vending machine coffee
I've had here.  (That was back when they had marks, now it's probably
up to 1 euro/cup.)

Larry