Gender and names

Page Stephens hpst at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Jun 10 19:26:05 UTC 2003

Larry Horn and I were discussing misspellings of our names off list when I
thought of a little trick I use to signify my gender.

For some reason or other, probably the existence of the female name Paige I
have spent most of my adult life receiving male addressed to Ms, Miss, or
Mrs. Page Stephens.

I have partially solved this problem by signing myself H. Page Stephens
since in my experience women rarely use their first initial followed by
their name.

Does anybody know about this usage or lack of usage in gender related
situations?

H. Page Stephens