Trudgill in Vocabula

Robert Hartwell Fiske Vocabula at AOL.COM
Sun Jun 15 22:24:02 UTC 2003

In a message dated 6/15/2003 5:59:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
laurence.horn at YALE.EDU writes:

> The mailing I just received from TVR promises "Free to Professors and
> Teachers" with no fine print about which ones, but when you go to the
> actual web site, it turns out that it's free to just those professors
> and teachers "who require their students (ten or more) to read (and
> subscribe to) The Vocabula Review".  A bit misleading, I'd say!

Emphasis on "bit" I'd say. I am not trying to hide anything. I also do not
say -- as you did not -- that I will send a free book or two or three to
professors or teachers (really, any ol' prof or teach will do) that do require their
students to subscribe.  Not a bad deal at all.

Robert Hartwell Fiske
Editor and Publisher
The Vocabula Review
www.vocabula.com