ADS Website Link to Vocabula Review

Thu Jun 19 20:55:51 UTC 2003

>Matt,

You are too kind; I got dumped on earlier for calling this guy a
crackput, but, as the North Korea - language connection shows, the
crackpotism gets worse and worse. The truth is, although I tried to
excuse some of this nonsense as simply unscientific, that I have not
encountered this sort of silliness at all among the ordinary folk I
usually investigate in the folk linguistic enterprise. The
person-on-the-street (regardless of educational background) is
wrapped a lot tighter (as they say up here in Michigan) than Mr. Fiske

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Professor of Linguistics