Pronunciation of chipotle, - was bin Laden's org in the media

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkmck at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Mar 6 08:43:50 UTC 2003

>Could you fill us in, those of us who do not (any longer) live within
>range of Jack-in-the-Boxes or their commercials?  (I do love me some
>chipotles, though.)

"Jack" is at a small Mexican food stall somewhere, and the woman is
telling him that what he's just purchased has chipotle sauce.  He
(and remember he's got that big white ball of a head with the red
line for a mouth) tries to repeat it,  Chi puh let uhl?  She repeats,
chi POHT leh.  He says chi POP puh tuhl?  She repeats, more and more
exasperatedly chi POHT leh. And a boy then tries to teach him.  Jack
gets more and more tongue tied, mangling it further, and by this time
the red line of his mouth is a total scribble.  She then says Hasta
leuego (good grief, I just realized I have no idea how to spell
that).  He totally mangles that as well.  She finally says, just go
away.

Rima