Re:       Thoughts about the proposed book of Barry's material

Tue Mar 11 18:09:31 UTC 2003

In a message dated 3/11/03 12:05:32 PM, gcohen at UMR.EDU writes:

>     Since Michael Quinion has a MS in progress on the topic Ron
> Butters an Larry Horn would like addressed, it seems best to wait for
> the appearance of that book before starting what might be at least a
> partial duplication of that work.

I think there is room for both, for reasons that I set forth in my earlier
e-mail message. The two works would complement each other, and would have
different purposes and largely different audiences. Most popularization
rests--if it is any good--on scholarly authority, as Quinion is well aware.