New Mexico Historical Review, 1926--present

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 17 19:37:08 UTC 2003

   In my "chipotle" search, I queried the NEW MEXICO HISTORICAL REVIEW.  I'll
go through it by hand in a few hours (Columbia is open to 7 p.m. today), but
here's the response.  This thing should be full-text searchable on JSTOR, but
whatcha gonna do?

Subj:   Re: Food articles in NMHR
Date:   3/17/2003 1:58:58 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:   <A HREF="mailto:nmhr at unm.edu">nmhr at unm.edu</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:Bapopik at aol.com">Bapopik at aol.com</A>
CC: <A HREF="mailto:jester at panix.com">jester at panix.com</A>
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear Sir,

Our latest fifteen-year index is under construction and should be out
within a year.  Other fifteen-year indexes for the entire run of the NMHR
are available (1926-1985).  Unfortunately, we are not equipped to research
requests such as yours.  Our journal should be available in several NYC
venues, most likely at a university facility.

If you would like, you can download our back issues request form on our
website, where you can order copies of our past indexes.

Best of luck,

James Martin
Managing Editor
NMHR

--On Saturday, March 15, 2003, 10:21 PM -0500 Bapopik at aol.com wrote:

>    I'm very interested in the food of this region.  How is the indexing
>    project going?  Can you tell me the titles/dates of articles that
>    you've published on southwestern cuisine and agriculture? I've got to
>    find an early "chipotle," among others.  The NEW MEXICO HISTORICAL
>    REVIEW (from 1926) should be a good place to look.
>
> Barry Popik
> New York, NY
> editor, OXFORD ENCYCLOPEDIA OF AMERICAN FOOD AND DRINK (forthcoming)
> consultant, OED

New Mexico Historical Review
University of New Mexico
1013 Mesa Vista Hall
Albuquerque, NM 87131-1186
ph: (505) 277-5839
fax: (505) 277-0992
E-mail: nmhr at unm.edu

"Every Calculation Based on Experience Elsewhere, Fails in New Mexico"
Lew Wallace, Governor of Territorial New Mexico, 1878-1881