Glossary of New Mexican Spanish (1934) (part one)

David Colburn colburn at PEOPLEPC.COM
Thu Mar 20 22:27:25 UTC 2003

>    OED has zero cites from this?
>    I'll post just the food and slang items...OED has 1945 for "tostada"
and Merriam-Webster has 1939.  They owe me beans.

But this shows "tostada" in a Spanish-English glossary. If this counts as a
1934 citation in English, then it seems to me like we'd have to allow all
the Spanish words in all the Spanish-to-English dictionaries that have been
printed, and surely that's not correct. Or am I missing something here?

-David Colburn