Oldest word in the English language

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Fri May 2 20:36:38 UTC 2003

I wasn't serious.
Fritz

>>> translation at BILLIONBRIDGES.COM 05/02/03 01:15PM >>>
That would merely be the oldest known _written_ word.

In a specious and facetious manner appropriate to
proclamations of this sort made on TV news, I propose
that the oldest word must surely be any and all
variations of the expression "Ouch!"

On second thought, perhaps the infantile scream
"Whaaaa...!!!" would even precede that, no?

<g>

Don