"Sacripantina Cake" (a San Francisco treat)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat May 10 22:24:46 UTC 2003

  I walked by the Silver Moon Bakery on West 103rd Street (again, the subways to Columbia are under construction for about the fifth year in a row, and I walk from 116th to 96th).  Among the cakes they're making for Mother's Day is the "Sacripontine Cake."

(GOOGLE site about North Beach, CA)
Stella Pasticceria e Caffe — 446 Columbus — 415/986-2914. Home of the prized Sacripantina cake---a Pavarotti favorite. Wedding cakes, panettone, cookies & cannoli. Celebrating 54th Anniversary. Open daily. Late evening coffee & cappuccino.

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
From: Jon Corelis (jon at lindy.Stanford.EDU)
Subject: Re: San Francisco Sightseeing
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.travel
Date: 1992-08-13 03:13:50 PST
(...)
     Shop.  Some good specialty food stores are Ten Ren Tea Shop on
Grant in Chinatown, Graffeo Coffee on Columbus for fresh roasted beans,
Stella Pastry on Columbus for their unique Sacripantina cake, and
Molinari's spectacular Italian delicatessen on Columbus at Vallejo.
People who come from a place that doesn't have a really big record store
might be interested in the huge Tower Records at Columbus and Bay.  City
Lights on Columbus for books.  There's also a place on Grant in
Chinatown called The Wok Shop that has every conceivable type of Chinese
and Western kitchen implement.  Things that I've bought there include an
Avocarvo (a special knife for preparing avacados,) a Pineapple Prince (a
contraption for hollowing out pineapples,) and little glass squirt
bottles for soy sauce just like they have in cheap Chinese restaurants