Query about sources for linguistics audiotapes or CDs (fwd)

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Mon May 19 21:29:29 UTC 2003

>From a former student - please reply to the list and I will forward to
her.

Thanks,
Bethany

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 01:08:32 -0400 (EDT)
To: dumasb at utk.edu
Subject: Query about sources for linguistics audiotapes or CDs

Dear Dr. Dumas,

I was a student in your graduate-level speech act theory course some years
ago and thoroughly enjoyed our linguistic examination of "Why I Live at the
P.O."

I am teaching American literature now at Pellissippi State, and I would love
to be able to "hear" the speech of the early English-speaking writers,
particularly the Puritans, and the later Ulster Scots that settled in the
Appalachians during the eighteenth century.

If you could recommend any sources for tapes or CDs that would allow me to
listen to the sounds of these early voices, I'd be most grateful.

Sincerely,
----