PSAT Glitch

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU
Thu May 22 05:24:55 UTC 2003

one more example for today, from marge piercy's luminous Sleeping with
Cats (NY: HarperCollins, 2002), p. 31 in the paperback edition:

 Once when I heard men's voices, I simply hid in the bushes.
 I could move far more quietly than they could.  They passed
 by and I continued.

impeccable.

as a side observation, i note that since i slipped through the looking
glass into this other world, just nine days ago, i can no longer read
*anything* without attending, to some degree, to the possessives in
it.

arnold (csli.stanford.edu)