Fwd: puns involving foods (e.g. Soda & Gomorra)

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Thu Oct 2 01:26:31 UTC 2003

Today I received an e-mail which I assume is circulating around the
Internet, and I share an excerpt below my signoff. While seemingly
frivolous nature, it is relevant to the study of humor and creativity
in language.

Gerald Cohen

>...Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream is now available in Israel...
                In the following flavors:
                        Wailing Walnut
                        Moishmellow
                        Mazel Toffee
                        Chazalnut
                        Oy-Ge-malt
                        Mi-Ka-mocha
                        Soda & Gomorra
                        Bernard Malamint
                        Berry Pr'i Hagafen
                        Choc-Eilat Chip
and finally (drum roll, please).......Simchas T'oreo

It should also be noted that all these flavors come in a Cohen