Mamet

J. Eulenberg eulenbrg at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Sep 10 19:40:45 UTC 2003

Now, what surprises me about this is that up until a recent British film,
I had always associated the phrase "innit" with Native American language
patterns in written materials (see Sherman Alexie, for example).  I was so
excited one day when I heard one Native American say to another, "Innit?"
Now I shall have to listen to the "over" accent, or stare, to be certain
of the speaker's background!

Julia Niebuhr Eulenberg <eulenbrg at u.washington.edu>