If Gore did not invent the Internet, who did?

Tony McCoy O'Grady maxiogee at ESATCLEAR.IE
Thu Sep 18 18:15:15 UTC 2003

On Déardaoin, MFómh 18, 2003, at 18:55 Europe/Dublin, James A. Landau
wrote:

> As a professional in the computer business, I have encountered
> hardware,
> software, firmware, and vaporware, but I cannot recall ever having
> heard
> "underware".  Not even from the company which back in the early 1980's
> manufactured
> "Baby Blue"  (an add-on board to the then-new IBM PC to enable it to
> run CP/M
> programs; the name is an obvious play on IBM's nickname of "Big Blue").

"Underware" is the technical term applied to the 'lost' manuals,
guarantee cards and other detritus which builds up underneath
computers. :-)

Tony McCoy O'Grady