Re:       Re: † † † ADS/LSA hotel rates

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Tue Sep 30 02:22:36 UTC 2003

Ron writes,

> I can't imagine that this is somehow a new situation, as Luanne's message
> seems to imply. Surely people have opted for cheaper hotel rooms in the past
> when the quality was the same and the convenience was no different.
> And I can't believe that people will pass up considerable savings in Boston
> because they fear that their conference registration fees may go up a few
> dollars in the future.

It is a new situation, as a matter of fact, brought about by the increasing
availability of hotel discount websites. And the volatility of rate changes.

It's a problem, if not a crisis, for many many organizations and hotels. How
it sorts out will probably be decided by much bigger players than LSA, but
we'll all be affected. - Allan Metcalf