Bargaining Chip (1960, 1964)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Apr 14 13:43:38 UTC 2004

   Greetings from work in Manhattan.  I've got to go back to the Bronx
because the calendar unit screwed up.  I wanted to go back to sleep.

BARGAINING CHIP--I looked through the SPORTING NEWS as well and didn't find
"bargaining chip" through the late 1960s (when I stopped the search).

CHICAGO HOT DOGS--See the article by "Johnny" Apple in today's NEW YORK TIMES
on the cuisine of Chicago.  Of course, Chicago cuisine has been written about
before, unlike, say, the origin of "hot dog," which has never appeared in the
NEW YORK TIMES...

WINDY CITY OT:  I haven't heard back from the Chicago Historical Society.
Check out the web site and write an e-mail to them and ask them why they won't
accept my "Windy City" work for free, or even respond to me.  E-mail the
ENYCLOPEDIA OF CHICAGO HISTORY folks at the Newberry Library, too.  This can't
possibly continue.  Full text of the CHICAGO TRIBUNE arrives in June.  It's almost
exactly ten years since I first walked into the CHS.  Is there no human being
at a single Chicago institution to give me a single kind word, ever?

OT:  I have a 6:30 a.m. Friday flight to Namibia.  I'll be back April 28th.