Dweeb (1964)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Aug 3 04:22:23 UTC 2004

I heard "dweeb" on a kids show today, so I guess they still say it.

The HDAS has 1968 and "origin unknown." MERRIAM-WEBSTER has the same thing.
The CASSELL DICTIONARY OF SLANG has "1980s+." What do they know?

(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
13 November 1964, EDWARDSVILLE INTELLIGENCER (Edwardsville, Ill.), "The
Junior Realm" with Martha Lee, pg. 7, col. 1:
Many lads who are not popular will try to do something superior in order to
attract attention. They very often choose a sport or a major study. If this
dweeb turns you off so completely, get the names of some other girls who need
help with their geometry and channel them to him.