Privocrat (privacy + bureaucrat)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Aug 6 02:45:20 UTC 2004

PRIVOCRATS--88 Google hits, 3 Google Groups hits

Heather MacDonald has a piece on "privocrats" in Thursday's WALL STREET
JOURNAL editorial page. The conservative writer started using this buzzword in the
CITY JOURNAL (NY).

The "priv" in "privocrat" is from "privacy," not "privilege" or "privy."

(GOOGLE)
Heather Mac Donald on No-Fly List & Homeland Security on National ...
May 18, 2004, 8:45 am Privocrats vs. National Security Casualties in
the privacy wars. By Heather Mac Donald. The country's "privacy ...
www.nationalreview.com/ comment/macdonald200405180845.asp - 24k - Aug 3, 2004
- Cached - Similar pages

City Journal Spring 2004 | What We Don’t Know Can Hurt Us by ...
... The privocrats only grudgingly acknowledge that terrorism exists, and
they never
concede that a gain in the public good may justify a concession in “privacy
www.city-journal.org/html/14_2_what_we_dont_know.html - 96k - Cached -
Similar pages

The Privacy Jihad
... most thoughtful voice for the cause of homeland security that I have yet
encountered
and that I mingle with those whom she calls "privocrats" (her perjorative ...

home.pcisys.net/~tbc/tmp/privacy_jihad.htm - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
What We Don't Know Can Hurt Us
... The privocrats only grudgingly acknowledge that terrorism exists, and
they never
concede that a gain in the public good may justify a concession in "privacy
alt.politics.bush - Apr 20, 2004 by jose soplar - View Thread (1 article)

How the far left and loony libertarians help the terrorists
... And a left-right alliance of privacy extremists is doing its best to keep
it
that way: These "privocrats" have shot down nearly every proposal to use ...
alt.fan.rush-limbaugh - Apr 26, 2004 by Founding Father - View Thread (3
articles)

(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
 Ironwood Daily Globe   Tuesday, August 14, 1934 Ironwood, Michigan
...partners because of its attack on "PRIVOCRATS." his designation for
wealthy..