WHEEL.bair.uh? (was "wheel barrels?")

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Wed Aug 11 21:06:42 UTC 2004

Tom is  wrong. As I showed in my previous post, after 'barrel' and
'barrow' fall together, there is absolutely nothing to keep one from
being heard as the other (with the exception of the lexical frequency
and familiarity facts larry has touched on and which I happily
concede).

On the second point, I believe I showed this "lapse" (sigh!) specifically.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor