Come with; was Re: Natural-Born Lover : Words

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIO.EDU
Mon Aug 30 02:56:13 UTC 2004

At 09:10 PM 8/29/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>wilson.gray at RCN.COM wrote:
>
>>In
>>any case, even the people that I know who use it use it only rarely.
>>It's like something that's in the process of dying out. I've never
>>heard it used by anyone who is now under the age of 65.
>>
>>-Wilson Gray
>>
>I've heard both "come with" and "bring with" used by people in their
>20's and 30's in SE Idaho. (Pocatello)  For example, our vet asked me if
>I was going to to "bring my dog with."  It seemed fairly commonplace there.
>
>I'll have to notice if anyone in this region uses it.
>
>Patti Kurtz
>Minot State University
>Minot, ND
>--

Absolutely true in Minnesota too, in all age groups.  The reason expat
Minnesotans and other Northerners (including me) try to avoid using it is
simple:  We're laughed at!  Even my son, a Midlander, thinks it's "weird."