"Long, Tall Texan"

Wed Dec 1 18:33:43 UTC 2004

Wilson writes:

Well, people look at me and say
"Hurrah, hurrah, is you the law?"

        [...]

This must have been transcribed by a Northerner, because nobody from
down home would misspell [^ r^] as "hurrah." I've never seen this
string in any kind of writing or in any kind of print, so I don't know
how one *would* spell it. "Uh ruh," perhaps? But "hurrah" can't
possibly be right.
 <<<<<

Well, what does it mean? How is it used? I don't know of any other
interjection (or other stuff) that sounds anything like [^r^] and would make
any sense there.

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]