"New York Rangers" naming mystery (1926)

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Wed Dec 1 22:03:33 UTC 2004

I recently had a discussion about this team's rival, the New York Islanders,  with a buddy of mine who is from NYC.  He told me the team does not represent NYC, but New York state, as the team does not play in NYC, but rather further out on the Island. Sorta like the California Angels as opposed to Anaheim Angels. I was under a false impression all these years.
Fritz

>>> Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL 12/01/04 01:10PM >>>

Yes, but is it a garden?