Not intended for this purpose, but.... Re: "authentic native speaker" CDs

Dan Goodman dsgood at IPHOUSE.COM
Fri Dec 3 01:06:36 UTC 2004

Mark A. Mandel wrote:

Rod Serling of the original Twilight Zone):  Hudson Valley Dialect.  (To
me, he has absolutely no accent.  Hamminess, yes.)

I don't know if Mickey Spillane has been recorded.  His accent is
vintage pre-WW II New York Metropolitan Dialect.  Undiluted; I suspect
it may be artificially maintained to some extent.

There's a recording of Irish folk music which has members of the Clancy
and Makem families before some of them went on to become professional
folksingers -- and before their accents were Americanized to some extent.

--
Dan Goodman
Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/