"blooz(e)" (was Re: shock rock, cock rock)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Dec 10 03:27:04 UTC 2004

At 9:00 PM -0500 12/9/04, Benjamin Zimmer wrote:
>On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 17:54:22 -0500, Wilson Gray <wilson.gray at RCN.COM> wrote:

>>>  Hey, I remember that Human Be-In!  (Well, sort of.  I was there,
>>>  anyway.)
>>
>>Or that's what they told you, at least.;-)
>
>I hope Larry was there on the right date!  I got it wrong -- it wasn't
>April, it was February 25.  That was a bit more than month after the
>original Human Be-In in San Francisco (Jan. 14).  From what I can tell,
>the LA Be-In was most notable for featuring the Doors just before "Light
>My Fire" hit the charts.

Well, I remember going to Griffith Park for it, but I don't remember
getting back.  Yet somehow I must have...
And I don't quite remember when it was, February and April not being
quite as distinct in LA as they are in places like Connecticut.
I do remember smoking banana peel ("they call it mellow yellow"),
although I don't quite remember  why.  Strange Days...