Singular "yez"?

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Mon Dec 13 17:07:25 UTC 2004

>>> wilson.gray at RCN.COM 12/12/04 08:07PM >>>
 that no real Southerner  ever uses "y'all" as
a singular.

What on earth does THAT mean?  That would be the same as if I said "No real Oregonian ever uses 'soda.'  See my earlier comment about idiolects/dialects.  The no-singular-y'all idea has almost become a religion.  For JL, even had you gotten sworn affidavits on the Holy Bible, someone would cry heretic.  No matter what the evidence, it will always be at least questioned and probably discredited.
Fritz