"They tried to kill us. They failed. Let's eat." & "Facts are stubborn things"

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Wed Dec 15 15:11:28 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 07:32:30AM -0500, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
> TIKKA MASALA
>
> OED Appeals wants a pre-1978 "tikka masala." Why do I do these  things?

It's odd that the Appeals List has this, because we have a 1975
quote in the database, but to return to your implied point: Have
you posted something on _tikka masala_? I hadn't recorded anything,
and a search of the archives doesn't show anything relevant. If
I've missed something, please let me know!

Jesse Sheidlower
OED