two notes on MSM

Thu Dec 23 05:19:53 UTC 2004

On Dec 22, 2004, at 12:31 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:

> ...There was also, at least for a while, MWHSWM, a label which is both
> quasi-acronymic (almost but not quite renderable as "mushroom") and
> quasi-palindromic.  I suppose, given the earlier discussion, it could
> have been palindromicized to MWHSHWM = 'men who have sex hastily with
> men'.  (or "hurriedly", or "haphazardly")

ya learn new things every day.  ca. 36 non-duplicated google web hits
on MWHSWM, awkward though it is.

i'm still astonished that in my very large library of gay-related
materials i don't find a single book index with "men who have...", MSM,
or MWHSWM in it.  of course, maybe it was in there but the indexers
disregarded it.

arnold