"Merry Christmas"

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Sun Dec 26 03:50:24 UTC 2004

There is a wonderful 1973 British children's book by Raymond Briggs titled
"Father Christmas," that details the Christmas Eve activities of the title
character. It's an illustrated book, comic-book style with few words, but
what few words there are include Father Christmas saying "Happy Christmas"
to various pets. This puts the usage back at least 30 years.

(BTW, I highly recommend the book for adults and children alike. It's great
fun and was a staple of our holiday coffee table growing up.)

--Dave Wilton
  dave at wilton.net
  http://www.wilton.net