"Topsite": new word?

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Fri Dec 31 22:12:19 UTC 2004

While searching various topics via Google, I've run across several
instances of the word

"topsite"

Such self-identified sites are sites of links to sites that refer to a
particular subject, in my case, blues lyrics and guitar chords. So, if
I google the lyrics to a particular blues song, a click, as usual,
loads a site with the requested lyrics. If the site says something
like, "Not exactly what you're looking for? Or you want to see more? Go
to our topsite!", then going to the topsite takes you to a site that
consists of links to other sites that provide lyrics to songs in the
genre that you're (re)searching and/or links to information about the
musician(s) associated with a particular song or riff.