Request I received concerning German-translation softwares

Billionbridges.com translation at BILLIONBRIDGES.COM
Tue Jan 27 18:43:10 UTC 2004

> Today I received a request from a student concerning translation
> softwares.  Would anyone on this ads-l list be able to provide him
> advice/guidance? I'm not familiar with this subject. Are we perhaps
> still at the stage where human translators are required?

If complete accuracy is required, then, in a word...yes. If the barest
of gists is all that is needed (without concern for accuracy), then go
to http://world.altavista.com/.

We're still decades upon decades away from translation software
which will adequately convey accurate translations with any degree of
consistency; many would argue that machines will never completely
replace human translators.

Or so the human pushing at my keyboard would like to think. : )

Best,
Don