South Park

Page Stephens hpst at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Jul 24 13:12:02 UTC 2004

Skylark (music Hoagy Carmichael lyrics Johnny Mercer)

copyright 1941

      Skylark, have you anything to say to me,
      Won't you tell me where my love can be?
      Is there a meadow in the mist
      Where someone's waiting to be kissed?

      Skylark, have you seen a valley green with spring
      Where my heart can go a-journeying
      Over the shadows and the rain to a blossom-covered lane?

      And in your lonely flight haven't you heard the music of the night?
      Wonderful music, faint as a will-o-the-wisp, crazy as a loon,
      Sad as a gypsy serenading the moon, oh...

      Skylark, I don't know if you can find these things,
      But my heart is riding on your wings
      So if you see them anywhere
      Won't you lead me there.

I just found the lyrics misattributed to Glenn Miller which is about par for
the course online. Miller merely recorded it.

Tomfoolery is also the name of the recent musical based on the songs of Tom
Lehrer.

Page Stephens