"Who-all" and "what-all"

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Fri Jul 30 22:20:19 UTC 2004

Same in southern California in the late 40s-early 50s.  And it was chanted
to a melody that, if you start with C, goes something like C C C C E-flat C
C, with a rhythm of four quarter notes, two half notes and a concluding
whole note.

(There was a discussion of this on the list some time ago--it's probably to
be found in the archives.)

Peter Mc.

--On Friday, July 30, 2004 5:00 PM -0400 "Dennis R. Preston"