off the wall

Thu Jun 3 11:56:48 UTC 2004

Wilson Gray <hwgray at EARTHLINK.NET> replies to my comment:

Had I been able to predict the kind of response that my message would
elicit from you, I would have made a greater effort to clarify my
remarks. Unfortunately, I could not. Therefore, I ask only that you
accept my sincerest apologies. I regret the error.
        <<

Accepted, sir. <bow>

On the other hand, I found your remarks re telephony quite informative.
        <<

I'm glad they were helpful.

May I make a suggestion for your future reference? Given your quite
reasonable doubts about white people's familiarity with Black culture, I
found it not entirely consistent that you assumed that all the readers of
this list would be familiar with a hip-hop movie.

-- Mark A. Mandel, Research Administrator
   Information Extraction from the Biomedical Literature
   University of Pennsylvania