Googleable ADS-L

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sat Mar 6 22:10:40 UTC 2004

I see that the messages on this list are now found by Google. This is a
fairly recent development. Presumably somebody started putting direct links
to the ADS-L archive on some bulletin board or Web page and the search
engine followed the links.

Whatever you or I said on the list about (say) "quahogs" three years ago
will be found by anybody googling for "quahogs". Then that interested
person can e-mail you and me at his pleasure to discuss the quahogs
further. Some words may arouse more -- and/or less welcome -- interest than
"quahogs", of course.

Googling for my own name I come up with hundreds of items from the list.

(Of course the archive was always (AFAIK) freely available on the Web to
anyone who looked for it.)

-- Doug Wilson