Actor's Dialects

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Tue Mar 9 13:41:47 UTC 2004

From:    Ray Villegas <rayrocky7 at HOTMAIL.COM>

: I am interested in the way actor's learn an accent for a part in a movie
: or play...

Just wanted to mention Lewis Herman and Marguerite Shalett Herman's 1947
book _Manual of American dialects for radio, statge and screen, and
television_, republished in 1997 by Routledge as _American dialects: A
manual for actors, directors, and writers_. I haven't had a chance to proof
it for accuracy, but it sits on my bookshelf waiting for a spare moment.

<snip>

David Bowie                                         http://pmpkn.net/lx