Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Sun Mar 14 21:16:09 UTC 2004

I can't locate the post, but somebody referred to Atlanta's Hartfield Airport.

This brings up an old airline proverb, "If you go to Hell on Eastern
Airlines, you will change planes in Atlanta".  A quickie Google search turned up this
proverb nine times, seven of them with the plane change occurring at Atlanta
Hartsfield, but with varying airlines.

I first heard this saying in 1973 from an Eastern stewardess while returning
from Florida from the Skylab launch.

The phrase "zigged when I should have zagged" sounds like it comes from World
War II (or even World War I) when ships sailed on zig-zag courses to avoid
submarines.

         - Jim Landau