Mercedes (Was: Brand naming kids)

Wed Mar 31 14:42:58 UTC 2004

Jim Landau advises:

The only other woman I know of named "Mercedes" is Mercedes Lackey, who
is not a porn star but rather a science fiction writer who was born in
1950. (Aside to Mark Mandel---she is also a filksinger and filk writer).

        ======

Nicknamed "Misty" among fen. I've tried her books a couple times.  Some
people can't put 'em down; I can't pick 'em up. She's collaborated with
Leslie Fish (salaam! salaam!) on a number of good songs, though:  lyric
by Lackey, music by Fish. We often call 'em "Lackeyfish". That goes
along with at least one other "X/Fish" pair term: Kipplefish, where X =
Kipling. Leslie's done a whole volume / tape of those, titled "Cold
Iron".

-- Mark A. Mandel, The Filker With No Nickname
   http://mark.cracksandshards.com/filk.html