Twin Cities (1883, 1884)

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Sun May 2 21:03:28 UTC 2004

Doh!  I hadn't checked MOA-Cornell.

The Home of Hiawatha, by Ernest Ingersoll: p. 73
in: Harper's new monthly magazine. / Volume 67, Issue 397
Publisher: Harper & Bros. Publication Date: June 1883
"Such is a sketch of the early history of the Upper Mississippi, and the
origin of the twin cities that emulate each other in metropolitan airs."

Again this is not counting twin cities other than Mpls/St Paul.  Cornell
has one for Buda-Pesh [sic] in 1829.

At 4/13/2003 06:54 PM -0400, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>    Got to do something for those MN readers.  I don't know if the next
> volume of DARE will have anything.
>. . .
>   IN THE GREAT NORTH-WEST; BITTER RIVALRY OF THE TWIN CITIES OF
> MINNESOTA. UNIQUE EXPERIENCE OF THE VILLARD EXCURSIONISTS--NEW-YORK
> CONCEIT OBLITERATED BUT BOSTONIANS SERENE.; New York Times (1857-Current
> file), New York, N.Y.; Sep 9, 1883; pg. 9, 1 pgs

   Tom Kysilko        Practical Data Services
   pds at visi.com       Saint Paul MN USA
           http://www.visi.com/~pds