Freckles, cows and bran; Not bad manners, just good beer

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu May 6 05:00:01 UTC 2004

FRECKLES, COWS AND BRAN

   There are various ways of (im)politely saying this...When I was younger I had lots of freckles.

(GOOGLE)
Lead story for Salisbury Post Online
... where I got all those freckles. Old Tom Lingle told the crowd that I had stood too
close to the rear end of a cow. They called me ‘‘Bran’’ for awhile ...
www.salisburypost.com/newscopy/061999topstory.htm - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

Trafford Publishing: Item 887 Page
... It was a family joke, since I had freckles, to say that "the cow blew bran
in my face" when I was born in the stock yards.... Catalogue Information. ...
www.trafford.com/ 4dcgi/next-prev?rbDirection=Next&Field=Author&item=2822&233102052-10795aaa - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

OLD SAYINGS #03
... an ugly stick. For us kids who had freckles and Dad included, You
just got behind a cow and it farted bran in your face. :) Tee ...
www.rootsquest.com/~jmurphy/sayings/say_03.htm - 37k - Cached - Similar pages

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Re: Blue is a Wuss!
... and sags! Why has no one ever told me my back is covered with freckles?
Looks like a cow shit bran all over my back! Geni -- See ...
alt.support.depression.flame - Aug 13, 1998 by Geni - View Thread (24 articles)

NEVER RUN WHEN YOU CAN WALK

NEVER RUN WHEN YOU CAN WALK--20 Google hits, 53 Google Groups hits

   Satchel Paige allegedly said this, but many others have.

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
Gettysburg Times - 11/18/1970
...Take it easy. Never RUN WHEN YOU CAN WALK. Take it easy. If it's needless.....Take it easy. Never stand WHEN YOU CAN sit. Take it easy. Don't keep on..
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania   Wednesday, November 18, 1970  892 k

Nevada State Journal - 10/19/1962
...over there is, "Never RUN WHEN YOU CAN WALK never WALK WHEN YOU CAN ride.....never leave YOUr eyes open WHEN YOU CAN shu them, and why think if YOU CAN..
Reno, Nevada   Friday, October 19, 1962  555 k

Bridgeport Telegram - 10/23/1954
...Take it 'easy. Never RUN WHEN YOU CAN WALK. Take it easy. If it's needless.....CAN Kill Title of magazine article. So CAN not eating, in which case YOU would..
Bridgeport, Connecticut   Saturday, October 23, 1954  773 k

Portsmouth Herald - 4/18/1969
...YOU CAN ride, don't WALK. WHEN YOU CAN WALK, don't RUN. WHEN YOU CAN sit, don't.....years. The last part was, "If YOU CAN lie down, don't sit, and if YOU get..
Portsmouth, New Hampshire   Friday, April 18, 1969  872 k

Marion Star - 10/19/1962
...over there is, "Never RUN WHEN YOU CAN WALK, never WALK WHEN YOU CAN ride.....never leave YOUr eyes open WHEN YOU CAN shut them, and why think if YOU CAN..
Marion, Ohio   Friday, October 19, 1962  509 k

Sheboygan Press - 1/12/1949
...their own sayings: "Why RUN WHEN YOU CAN WALK? Why WALK WHEN YOU CAN stand.....Why stand WHEN YOU CAN sit? Why sit WHEN YOU CAN lie down..
Sheboygan, Wisconsin   Wednesday, January 12, 1949  408 k

Joplin Globe - 10/23/1954
...Take it easy. Never RUN WHEN YOU CAN WALK. Take it easy. If it's needless.....a Good It was bound to happen. They've RUN out of days and weeks for special..
Joplin, Missouri   Saturday, October 23, 1954  844 k

Hammond Times - 12/21/1942
...Bernard Shaw says never RUN WHEN YOU CAN WALK, never stand up WHEN YOU CAN.....sit down and nevei sit down WHEN YOU CAN lie down, if YOU want to live to be..
Hammond, Indiana   Monday, December 21, 1942  714 k

Hammond Times - 12/21/1942
...Bernard Shaw says never RUN WHEN YOU CAN WALK, never stand up WHEN YOU CAN.....sit down and nevei sit down WHEN YOU CAN lie down, if -YOU want to live to be..
Hammond, Indiana   Monday, December 21, 1942  717 k

Gazette And Bulletin - 4/29/1952
...States elopement Pine Street WHEN YOU CAN WALK south from SCOundrei. will be.....iThe party which mean." delighted to RUN WHEN buying a ticket, Hoover" now..
Williamsport, Pennsylvania   Tuesday, April 29, 1952  741 k

Progress - 4/18/1969
...YOU CAN ride, don't WALK. WHEN YOU CAN WALK, don't RUN. WHEN YOU CAN sit, don't.....years. The last part was, "If YOU CAN lie down, don't sit. and if YOU get..
Clearfield, Pennsylvania   Friday, April 18, 1969  707 k

Nevada State Journal - 4/28/1969
...YOU CAN ride, don't WALK. WHEN YOU CAN WALK, don't RUN. WHEN YOU CAN sit, don't.....years. The last part was, "If YOU CAN lie down, don't sit, and if YOU get..
Reno, Nevada   Monday, April 28, 1969  793 k

Tri City Herald - 5/5/1969
...YOU CAN ride, don't WALK. WHEN YOU CAN WALK, don't RUN. WHEN YOU CAN sit, don't.....years. The last part was, "If YOU CAN lie down, don't sit, and if YOU get..
Pasco, Washington   Monday, May 05, 1969  1038 k

(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)
1. The "Hobo News."
The Washington Post (1877-1954). Washington, D.C.: Apr 23, 1911. p. ES4 (1 page):
   Why run when you can walk, or walk when you can ride?

   2. Washington Marathoner Mike Lynch, Like Tennyson's Brook, Runs On and On
By Walter Haight Post Reporter. The Washington Post (1877-1954). Washington, D.C.: Feb 2, 1949. p. 19 (1 page):
   However, the youngster nowadays seems to operate on the theory "never stand up when you can sit down; never walk when you can ride and never run when you can walk."

   3. THE DISTRICT LINE.; Never Run When You Can Walk
By Bill Gold. The Washington Post (1974-Current file). Washington, D.C.: Feb 11, 1976. p. C12 (1 page)

NOT BAD MANNERS, JUST GOOD BEER

MANNERS + JUST GOOD BEER--9 Google hits, 11 Google Groups hits

   Burp!

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
An I for an I (1,000 words)
... Then he grinned. "Not bad manners, just good beer!" Glenn smiled back
and took a sip of his club soda. Ray looked at him intently. ...
alt.fiction.original - Jul 8, 2000 by docfarquar - View Thread (11 articles)

Newbie
... garage. That's my story. Thanks for listening. Brrraaap. Excuse me. Not
bad manners. Just good beer. Catch you all later. Bull '96 FXD
alt.motorcycles.harley - Apr 6, 2000 by Brian '96 FXD - View Thread (5 articles)

Re: Old Trucks And The Lord
... periods of tedious long drives. My go d even burps, on occasion, which
is not bad manners; just good beer. There is a rumor, again ...
scruz.general - Mar 24, 1999 by Dave Laird - View Thread (1 article)

buuuurrrrp!
Sorry. As they say--Not bad manners, just good beer. Actually, it was
an ice-cold Bud. Okay, Bud isn't some German beer like Lion's ...
alt.stupidity - Dec 25, 1997 by BillDing42 - View Thread (4 articles)

Re: Useless Facts
... Pfffft!" is the only American sound that ends in the words, "Not bad manners, just
good beer!" *On an American one-dollar bill, there is an owl in the upper ...
alt.humor - Jul 8, 1999 by Douglas D Anderson - View Thread (201 articles)

Re: - barbara_eden-mysterious.jpg [01/01] -NEW from Mysterious
Wonderful, Mysterious! lol Gives new meaning to the words: "Not bad
manners, just good beer!" Phaser =¤= Reach_Me at MailWarp.com
alt.binaries.pictures.nude.celebrities.fake - Nov 26, 1997 by Phaser - View Thread (3 articles)