Reply to Arnold

Sat May 22 16:53:44 UTC 2004

On May 19, 2004, at 5:08 PM, Peter A. McGraw wrote various alarmingly
nice things to me, including:

> ...I also hope it doesn't mean the end of your ADS-L gems.  Perhaps
> you can find a way to continue them as "sneak previews" to ADS-L, even
> if they then go on to become full features elsewhere.

oh, of course.  this is a good place to start a conversation, and to
work through very partially baked ideas, or just to marvel over data.

occasionally i post some things to the Language Log
(http://www.languagelog.com) -- for instance, there's a recent piece on
obligatorily split infinitives there -- but LL things need to be fairly
brief, polished, *and* jaunty (not to mention submitted in html), so i
submit things there only every so often.

it has occurred to me that i might never submit a truly anonymous
abstract again; almost all of my ideas surface in some electronically
public place (ADS-L, LL, soc.motss, etc.) first.

arnold (zwicky at csli.stanford.edu)