"Google Answers" removes "the Big Apple"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed May 26 03:09:28 UTC 2004

   Google is a disgrace.  This should be reported somewhere.  Google should be embarrassed for this.  Are you listening, Gersh Kuntzman?
   Someone asked about "A day late and a dollar short," and the Google Answer team came up with a bad answer.  I reposted my ADS-L answer, adding a brief intro about what the American Dialect Society is.  Google removed the answer and told me it was "spam."  Spam--like the scholarly, non-profit American Dialect Society was some penis enlargement ad.
   Gerald Cohen wrote to the Google Answers team, and the "day late and dollar short" answer is back on--without any explanation of the ADS.
   Today, my "Big Apple" answer was removed.  I had the temerity to tell them that "the Big Apple" doesn't come from whores, that a Google search mechanism that gives this as the first answer is not good, and to give a link to the Mayor of New York City's web site.
   Google Answers told me that comments cannot be critical of Google!

Barry Popik
(PARKING VIOLATIONS LINE OF THE DAY--"It's ten degrees warmer in this room than it is outside.  Do you have to always wear a suit?")

  Subj:    Your comment/clarification on question #349717
  Date:    5/25/2004 9:39:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time
  From:    Google Answers Editors <answers-editors at google.com>
  To:    Bapopik at aol.com, answers-editors at google.com
  Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hello bapopik-ga,

Your comment on question ID 349717, titled "Re: New York Big Apple", has been removed from Google Answers because it was unprofessional in nature or tone.

Please refrain from criticizing other researchers and commenters on Google Answers. If you wish to post additional information on a question which may supplement or even contradict a posted answer or comment, please do so in a polite and professional manner.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
The Google Answers Team