What is that gesture called?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Nov 2 02:15:32 UTC 2004

Maybe "fist pump"? That out-hits "pump fist" by 1000 or so on google,
and it seems more in accord with English nominal compounding patterns.
Of course, that still doesn't bring in the accompanying "Yesssss",
which in turn (although its co-occurrrence with the fist pump is
indeed associated with "Home Alone") evokes Marv Albert's calls for
baskets on Knicks' and other NBA broadcasts.

Larry