Kentucky it was! Again!

Michael McKernan mckernan at LOCALNET.COM
Thu Nov 11 05:03:21 UTC 2004

Sam Clements wrote:

>In a June, 1936 strip, Capp has a character pull a "county directory" at
>random, and it is titled "Dogpatch County, Kentucky"

Right again, and it turns out that this reference to 'Dogpatch County,
Kentucky' or simply, 'Dogpatch, Kentucky' occurs on  several days in the
continuity,  06/26/1936, 06/27/1936 (p.88 in Kitchen's Vol. 2); 07/01/1936
(p.89); and 07/03/1936 (p,90)

So I stand four-times corrected, and again, my thanks!

Anymore?

(Where were all of you eagle-eyes when I could have used this information
eight years ago?  Oh, well, better late than never.)

I do appreciate it.

Michael McKernan, Ph.D.