mark by hand (was: the curious phonology of Wisconsin)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Nov 23 20:04:40 UTC 2004

At 12:07 PM -0500 11/23/04, Dennis R. Preston wrote:
>>Fritz,
>
>You obviously don't live where your namesake beer is sold; there your
>name would be familiar to every beer-belly in town.

If that's the Penn. version, it wouldn't help with the spelling,
which is Yuengling.  Whether it would help with the pronunciation
depends on how Fritz renders his "Juengling"; the beer is pronounced
"Ying-Ling", which has always reminded me of one of the offshoots of
the panda family.

--larry, whose last name presents its own problems