Virgin Mary image in Grilled Cheese Sandwich (now less OT)

Rachel E. Shuttlesworth rshuttle at BAMA.UA.EDU
Wed Nov 24 16:48:19 UTC 2004

My only experience with the term "toasted cheese sandwich" instead of
"grilled cheese sandwich" (which I've heard all my life) comes from the
television show SouthPark, as given below. I remember having to think
about what a "toasted cheese sandwich" might be. The show is set in
Colorado, but seems like the show's creators are Canadian.

"No problem kids. Are you sure you don't wanna stay for some toasted
cheese sandwiches? "

http://www.spscriptorium.com/Season1/E104script.htm

Rachel