Odds and Ends

Wed Oct 20 02:39:58 UTC 2004

An interesting magazine fulltext online:
http://www.history.navy.mil/nan/backissues/newbackissues.htm
Perhaps the answer to "full nine yards" lies within . . .

Did Tom Wolfe coin the phrase "The Right Stuff" in his 1979 book?

I got interested in this list after doing some antedating work on the OED SF
project.  I found a web site with a bunch of 1940s - 1950s fanzines online
that was very helpful.  I know there are other antedaters on the list --
what would you most like to see digitized?
Comic Books?
Porn?
local newspapers?
church bulletins?